Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Politics: Part I

I'm planning an articulate, thought-provoking post on politics. I've drafted it in word and I'm getting ready to post it. But it's not ready yet....mainly because I keep arguing with myself. But part of what I was going to post is covered very eloquently by a co-worker here.

She and I were discussing yesterday our deep desire to have our country recognize, in a non-partisan way, how very admirable all four people in this race (McCain, Obama, Palin and Biden) are...and then focus on the issues so important to our country.

We can think an individual is very accomplished, even admirable, but not agree with his or her policies.

Ok. Quitting for now. But will do the political post soon...as soon as I can agree with myself on what I want to say! :)

1 comment:

Kim and Ross said...

Amazing, Sarah. I agree with you and your friend...I am so glad (and proud) to be living in this moment too. I've even talked with my daughter about it (it's so weird to say that still!) and am so excited for what she'll see in her lifetime. I know it will be so much more profound than mine and I am so thankful for that.

Thanks for the "stop to smell the flowers" moment, Sarah. BTW, what book did you choose for book club? I want to feed off the inspiration too, it seems, if only to think about the outside world a bit more!