Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Gorgeous Day in the O.P....Which is Good and Bad

You know you're a farm girl at heart when this makes you happy:



You know you're a farm girl in Johnson County when this makes you really happy:


:)

Today was an absolutely beautiful day! By 1pm, we'd run 4 miles, biked another 5, watched a soccer game and started the gardening. Which, in case you were wondering, is going well thus far! Here are the Rhododendrons, which seem to be adjusting to their new home with beautiful flair:


However, a resident bunny is doing a number on my blue fescue grass and beloved Hydrangeas!
Any idea what to do about that?

The dooger dog seems to be recovering nicely...

..and entertained Michael, the in-laws and I with his antics while we relaxed in the sun.

Today is Syttende Mai, Norwegian Constitution Day, so you think that would remind me of my Scandinavian hertiage and I would use great caution in the sun. However, since it was only in low 70's, I didn't pay any attention and worked in the sun all day. Now, as I write this, I am f-r-i-e-d to a crisp. Uff. No worries, there are no pics! haha. Oh, well. Now I remember.
Cheers!
Sarah




5 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I want that Starbucks now!

Steph

sarah said...

doesn't starbucks always make you happy ;)

Sarah said...

yep...happy and a bona fide yuppy. Oh, well. :)

Staci said...

Your flowers look great . . .and didn't you get fried last year too doing your gardening??? Silly you!! Miss ya!

Katie said...

Ah yes you are a farm girl! I have piles of dirt around my house waiting for flower beds and a garden to be created. But we'll get baby trees planted this week. I'm jealous of your Kansas warmth and sunshine which create beautiful flowers. We are finally getting some sun on the tundra. Miss ya Sarah!