It's late. I've just returned from class and can't stop thinking about tomorrow. It's a day that will challenge one of my best friends and her family in ways I would never wish on anyone.
The situation is summarized here...the long and short of it is Staci's sister-in-law is in the 33rd week of carrying a child that has been diagnosed with a fatal condition. They chose to carry the baby to term for a couple reasons. First, they have great faith and know that if it is His will, God can work a miracle. They also know that if he chooses not to, they'll be able to donate this baby's organs and give life to other very sick children.
Allison is scheduled to be induced tomorrow morning at 7am and I can't imgaine what's going through her heart and mind tonight. Tonight, her husband Ross posted this on her facebook wall: Allison I have had such a peace come over me the last couple of days. I can't even explain how proud I am of you for carrying our Daughter VernaAnn. You have endured a great deal of physical pain and emotional pain and not once wanted to give up. I admire you for that. You complete me! Tomorrow and forever you have all my love.
This is, of course, beyond comprehension to most people, including me. I have been struck by the Johnson's strength, grace and faith. Over the weekend, Mom Allison posted about tentative funeral details and she is looking forward to "meeting an angel". They know the statistics say she'll only live a few precious minutes and they're anxiously anticipating that time with her.
This song is one they've drawn strength from and is so poignant...In the face of earthly challenges, this family is looking to the Lord, focusing on his goodness and resting in the peace of VernaAnn's eternal life.
2 comments:
Thank you so much for posting this Sarah, you are such a wonderful friend and a comfort to me during this time. I love you.
Oh, I'm heartbroken.
Steph
Post a Comment