One day, I'll tell her about the great-grandpas she never knew.
One day, I'll tell her what a hero is.
One day, I'll explain how her Great Grandpa K fought for freedom at a place called Iwo Jima.
How her Great Grandpa G was a night-fighter.
One day, I'll explain to her what the Pacific Theater was. How her Great Grandpa W witnessed many of his comrades drown there.
One day, I will teach her the Pledge of Allegiance.
One day, I will take her to a Memorial Day service and we'll listen to Taps.
One day, I will explain to her what the military is and how the people in it are selfless and deserve the highest respect.
One day, I will tell her what it means to be an American. How the "American Way" is NOT "putting a boot in your a$$" rather it's respect for all, especially those who served (and serve).
One day, I will tell her how lucky she is to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
One day, she will realize these things are who she is and it is because of these things that she can be anything she wants to be.
One day, I hope she will grow into a proud, respectful American.
No comments:
Post a Comment