Thursday, December 1, 2011

'Twas a Month Before Christmas

'Twas a month before Christmas and Mama felt like a louse
for already friend’s Christmas cards were adorning her house.

The props were arranged on the set with care...

In hopes that the subject wouldn’t be a bear

She in her red taffeta and I in my jeans I was ready to capture
All the beauty that Christmas means.

For a photo of the toddler I would try to take
Hoping my sanity I would not forsake.

Visions of smiles, full of sweetness and delight
Went spiraling down in a tantrumy-plight.

She cried and said up, and no and wouldn’t do what she should
Wouldn’t even play with the cones from the pine wood.

When from my lens I heard her feet patter
I looked up to see what was the matter.

Turns out her escape she decided to make.

Off of the photo set she did take

Everything but the photo was catching her eye.
All this Mama could do was sigh

The pantry!

The Boxes! The chair!


She did play.
On Oggy, On Oggy! Darn dog was making her day!


Running and screaming and having a ball…
(perhaps in baby talk saying, “I’ll dash away, dash away, right down the hall!”)

Though it’s the season of jolly, fun and St. Nick
I probably won't get the perfect click

Then I heard her sweet squeal as she tore out of sight.
And I thought this spirited blessing is Mama’s Delight!



2 comments:

Staci said...

Oh Miss Anna Auntie thinks you are adorable in any and all pictures mommy takes of you. I love your happy go lucky attitude with a little spice. You are a girl after aunties own heart!!! Love you.

Katie said...

What a special sweet girl! LOVE your writing and photography, Sarah!