Monday, January 28, 2013

Omaha Thanksgiving

Wow! Well, uh, it's been almost 4 months since my last post occured. I kind of stink at this whole "blogging thing"! It's been busy around these parts lately, but I wanted to Journal Thanksgiving.
 
We often go to Omaha for the holiday as that's where my in-laws are from and most of their family lives. It's a 50+ people affair, so it's fun, crowded and hectic. But super fun to see everyone.
 
This year, we decided to stay through the weekend with some special peeps from up north. Anna was only a little excited to see them:
 

We entertained ourselves by sprinting from indoor exhibit to indoor exhibit at the Omaha Zoo. It's such a fun place. Anna went nuts for the aquarium.


And the penguins...and the monkeys...and the desert...


They also have a great science museum. The kid is a sucker for a carousel and I think she rode this one at least 4 times.


The musem had an TV green screen. I had deja vu... Anna hammed it up! Perhaps another future broadcaster??


We spent a fair amount of time around the hotel. Michael got a hankering for pizza buffet--he and dad took part. When they returned I just had to note that my 7 mo pregnant belly and dad's pizza buffet belly were about the same size!


Grandan and Anna took their fair share of swims....

 
And generally enjoyed lots of fun time together! What a great weekend.
 
 
Thankful, indeed.

1 comment:

Staci said...

What a fun Thanksgiving. I love the Omaha Zoo. Ry and I went last year. Lots of love to you.