Tonight I did something I never thought I would do.
I'm not crafty.
I'm not "domestic".
But I do love to entertain.
And I do love to try new things.
So....
I did it.
I braved Wal-Mart (my least favorite place in the world).
To get the supplies...
And I made
A
Diaper Cake!!
Yep. If you don't know, it's a take on a wedding cake, but made out of rolled-up diapers. I'm hosting a baby shower for my friend Kim on Saturday, and thought this would be the perfect centerpiece:
and the creation is adorned with little hair ribbons for the baby to one day wear! (they know it's a girl!!).
And, if you're thinking this is an isolated outburst of domesticity...you're wrong! Just wait until the blog posts about the caramel rolls in my personalized bar pan (bar pans are a MN/ND thing) and my garden. Yes, my garden. All the naysayers who cruelty criticized my "starter garden" (my parents...my in-laws...my husband) will behold the 4 foot tall peas.
Oh, yes. Stay tuned.
Oh, and if you've, say, made 15 diaper cakes that were way nicer than this one, please, don't tell me. Thanks. :)
8 comments:
Domesticated wife making a diaper cake with 4 ft. tall peas in her garden--now all you need are some ankle weights to wear pushing a jog stroller with your own baby in it. :)
Oh you are too funny dear!! I love the diaper cake and believe it or not I have never attempted to make a diaper cake, I just buy them. . diapers that is. . well I bought a diaper cake once too, but I am way too used to buying diapers!! Domesticated. .. I am waiting for this one. . I can't wait to see the garden, I seem to remember you and I killing off house plants ALL the time in our dorms and apartments. I still kill off house plants, but seem to do better with the outside ones and the garden. Good Luck!! I know you can do it!! Oh yeah I agree with the other comment jogging/bike stroller with your own baby in it sounds REALLY domesticated to me!!! love the Blog, love the cake, love you!!
Oh yeah and meeting in Minneapolis with Nicholas at the MOA and then leaving Michael and Ryan with the kiddos sounds great and you and I can go Shop. . . how does that sound?
stac, that sounds perfect!! My houseplants are still thriving...but I only have peas, squash and pumpkins...decided to start out small. So...did you decide to come to the lake at all over the 4th? IZ would LOVE him some jet ski!!
well.. how fun that you finally started a blog :) i love all of your pictures. makes me want to be on the beach somewhere! and nice diaper cake! you are so domestic ;)
I think this officially means that you can't claim to not be crafty anymore... That's awesome!!
Hey Sarah I don't know about the weekend of the 4th yet, I forgot that my parents have Kain and Haylee now, so I don't know if it is going to work for us to come or not. I will let you know though.
Post a Comment