(which means this blah…blah…blah…may be of no interest to you. That’s OK. I won’t be offended. :)
Since the wedding was 4 and half months ago, and I still haven’t written about it, I figured I had better start. Since the weekend was SO filled with events, friends, family, food, hugs, stories, tears, tornadoes, flowers and a prayer chair, I figured I had to break it into manageable slices. Pick an element, write about what I remember (if you’re bothering to read this and remember something related to the topic, add it in the comments. We all know my memory is not so good sometimes! Haha!)
So…I decided to start with my lovely usher-cousin, Erik.
Why start here? Well, no good reason. Just that I just threw Cindy McCain at him on facebook, so he was on my mind.
(Erik is on the right...our friend Mark on the left)
Here’s a bit of history. Erik is the oldest "coussin"on my dad’s side, and ever since I can remember, he’s been one of my most favorite people in the whole world. As kids (hey, mom? Remember those pics I asked you to scan and send? Those will go here!) we tortured our younger siblings, plotted out “bases” in pine trees and played hours of monopoly. As a teenager, there wasn’t much cooler than my cousin in college. Yep, on occasion, I got to go to Concordia and hang out with him! Woo hoo!
Here’s a bit of history. Erik is the oldest "coussin"on my dad’s side, and ever since I can remember, he’s been one of my most favorite people in the whole world. As kids (hey, mom? Remember those pics I asked you to scan and send? Those will go here!) we tortured our younger siblings, plotted out “bases” in pine trees and played hours of monopoly. As a teenager, there wasn’t much cooler than my cousin in college. Yep, on occasion, I got to go to Concordia and hang out with him! Woo hoo!
As adults, I’ve come to know Erik as not only a person I admire, but as a friend. His sense of humor is drier than the Mojave in a drought, but he can be every bit as goofy as me. He understands what is important in life, but doesn’t take himself too seriously. He is true to himself and has an incredible devotion to his family…making the rest of my Grandma G’s grandkids look like a bunch of slackers! Haha.
I knew I wanted him to be a part of my wedding day simply because he is someone I adore and admire. In the hectic craziness of the day leading up to the wedding, Erik and I ended up getting several hours alone…mainly to go pick up the dress from the lady who forgot to alter it. That’s another post.
But, dear Erik relieved my mom and Steph of the sweetness and light I’m sure I was by that point, and we set out to pick up his tux, get my dress (which he learned to bustle properly at 432 different points on the train) and a much-needed jolt of caffine and sugar.
(it was sort of like Sodoku with tulle and lace)
That day, in the insanity of entertaining people from 16 states, I was able to grab some solace with my timeless friend.
The friend who has made me laugh from the bottom of my toes since I was a little girl in the front yard of our Montrose house (uh, mom? Pics?) continues to make me grin just thinking of him.
Thanks, Erik, for being such a great part of the day!
Love,
The Queen Bee
(I have no idea why he calls me that!)
buzz...buzz...
3 comments:
Aww chucks, coussssin. You're a peach, and I'll be happy to have you come adore me at my wedding some day (ha ha) :-).
-e
Love the pictures and your cousin Erik is so much fun. It was so much fun to be a part of your wedding.
Looks like an absolutely beautiful day. We are sorry that we couldn't make it. Thank you for all of the comments posted, I just wanted to let you know I am reading your as well. Journal away! D
Post a Comment