Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ahhh...Christmas Time Again!

Wow! It's hard to believe it was over a year ago that we got our house decorated for Christmas, and welcomed my growing-up friend Karissa and her baby Elizabeth to our house! Elizabeth LOVED Oggy...who had had the fear of God instilled in him about the baby and curled up in submission everytime she headed for him! But even though he knew to be careful, they still ended up scooting together!

She giggled and he just let her crawl on him! Too cute! We had such fun having them visit. I'm so disappointed about the fact that we won't see them this Christmas. One of the bummers of being grown up and spread around the country is that some of your best friends don't get to particpate in little things...like Christmas decorations!
While talking on the phone with Karissa the other night, she said she wanted to see pictures of how the house is decorated this year! So, here you go!
The village was a nightmare to get wired up, but we love how it looks when it's finished!

Oggy seemd to want to pose in each of the photos! I guess he wanted to say hi!

We just had this printed.
This was our tree compromise. I wanted real and white lights, which I got (in a Charlie Brown-esque sort of way...)
Michael got a full-size fake one with colored lights. Hmmm....

And, of course, the hallway!

We are excited to have everyone here at Christmas, but I kind of wish we were just a smidgen closer to Minnesota! :)

2 comments:

sarah said...

beautiful decorations. i am TOTALLY with you on the white and real!!

how funny about your friend being at disney too :)

Staci said...

Hey I love the decorations!! I agree with both of you however. I can't have real because of allergies, but I don't like colored lights. Ryan doesn't get his way at all. He likes real and colored lights. But after almost 8 years of marriage he has decided that the decor is up to me anyway. I think your house looks beautiful. . . . and I will post pictures of the kids soon. It has been really crazy and I have not had a lot of time to myself lately. Sorry. Merry Christmas. Love you and miss you.