I can be caught complaining a lot about how "unlucky" I am because my good friends live so far away.
However, no more. This last week I've learned many, many lessons. Lessons I didn't want to learn. Lessons I didn't want the people I love to have to learn.
The ones that make your heart stronger as it rebuilds, even though you didn't want it any stronger.
And one of the most important I learned has to do with my dear, dear friends.
I learned that distance disappears the second you say hello and you hear the tears in her voice as she cries for your loss.
The distance disappears when you see the words "I love you" at the start of her thoughts.
The distance disappears when the friend you haven't talked to in person in years can comfort your heart by sharing how hers was broken.
The distance disappears when she tells you, "I am proud of you."
The distance disappears and your heart lifts.
I am indeed blessed.
2 comments:
You are loved so much!! I just wish I was there with you right now. I keep trying to scheme a way to get there!! I had poptarts the other day and I was reminded of Freshman year. . .we sure had some good times didn't we? My kiddo's just love you too. Their eyes just light up every time I talk about Auntie Sarah. Take care!!
We love you Sarah! What a beautiful tribute to friendship...near or far...you have true friends who are always here for you throughout the hills and valleys of life.
Post a Comment