Our trip to San Francisco can be summed up in two words: Cold and Cold.But the chill in the air didn't stop us from visiting the Fisherman's Warf...
Where I took one of the cutest photos ever:Michael wanted to bring it home for Oggy.
After Saeth arrived we found the curvy street.
I started hoofing it up the street while these two watched.
The view was great.
I took the requisite photo of Saeth in a cell at Alcatraz. You have to look closely to see him. The island was really interesting, but cold. The history is interesting...first a civil war fort and military installation, then the penitentiary. Turns out guards' families lived on the island. The children reminisced about an idyllic life. Weird.

That afternoon, we headed to Golden Gate park. By the time we got there, the science and art museums were closed. The only thing left open were the Japanese Gardens, which were very nice, though cold.
After we left this garden, someone told us there was a restaurant with a fireplace at the far end of the park. So we trekked the entire length of the park in search of this restaurant. Which, when we arrived, was lovely. The walk there (approx. 6 miles!) was so cold that I refrained from taking any photos of the fantastic park. Now that's cold.





4 comments:
How fun!!! Looks like you guys had a super fun time. I got your picture text the other day. We were gone. . I will blog soon. Miss you.
very fun pictures! i'm glad you had a nice time away!
Looks like a wonderful trip, thank you for sharing. Super duper happy for you!
Hey Sarah, I'm heading to San Fran for the first time soon. We'll only have one full day in the city - any tips or thoughts?
Post a Comment