My dear sweet husband is a Kansas native...hence we've set up our home sweet home in this very land-locked state.I'm happy as a lark to be here, assuming I get a regular dose of this:
Water. I love it. And there is no better place to enjoy it than Michigan! So...we decided to head there and spend time with my family that lives there while reveling in the cool fresh air and the crisp, icy water!I was so excited to bring Michael to all of the places I love (poor thing got might tired of driving all over Northern Michigan), starting with beautiful Mackinac Island.
The locals say they get tired of going...but I've been many, many times. After all, who can get tired of a view like this?
The Island is full of beautiful bluffs...charming buildings...
...and just generally terrific scenery!
I just couldn't get enough of the pristine water....

But the BEST part was the company! Grandma DJ came with us! Even though she's been there a hundred times and has almost NO vision, she was ready and rearin' to go! She chowed ice cream, got man-handled by tourists and gave us several good laughs.
...we headed to the cottage,which may be my most favorite place on earth! We relaxed on the deck with a cup of coffee after our day on the island...
....then after dinner, settled in to watch the beautiful sunset. Michael couldn't believe how LATE it was. You forget that northern sunsets in summer go long past 10 pm!
The locals say they get tired of going...but I've been many, many times. After all, who can get tired of a view like this?
The Island is full of beautiful bluffs...charming buildings...
...and just generally terrific scenery!
The water is crystal-clear and turquoise.
I just couldn't get enough of the pristine water....
But the BEST part was the company! Grandma DJ came with us! Even though she's been there a hundred times and has almost NO vision, she was ready and rearin' to go! She chowed ice cream, got man-handled by tourists and gave us several good laughs.
...we headed to the cottage,which may be my most favorite place on earth! We relaxed on the deck with a cup of coffee after our day on the island...
....then after dinner, settled in to watch the beautiful sunset. Michael couldn't believe how LATE it was. You forget that northern sunsets in summer go long past 10 pm!





When the night finally fell, it was supremely peaceful. Well, other than the quest of the local 






2 comments:
Beautiful!
I am so jealous!! I was thinking back to our trip to Michigan. We had some good times, good laughs and good scares didn't we!!! The what I think was a man on the road, locking ourseleves in the bedroom, running on the beach. Just to name a few. How exciting that you got to share your favorite place with your hubby!! Love ya
Post a Comment