
Christmas Day started with more snow than I've ever seen (since living in KS :) On Christmas Eve, we slipped and slid our way to church, then headed to Michael's aunt and uncles for Christmas eve. But I forgot to bring my camera! The kids had a ball and we did a really fun white elephant exchange!
Christmas morning was quiet at our house. Santa delivered a gift for
Oggy:

And I got the pitcher I was wanting! (thanks, Mom and Dad! :)

This guy did a little happy dance when he opened his "
Wii Resort"...then proceeded to play it. It's two days later and I think he's only stopped to eat, sleep and hit after-Christmas sales! :)

Soon, the rest of the family arrived. Michael went to work making a delicious breakfast, while this guy sorted and organized the presents. Little did he know, Santa brought a bike to our house for him! Very exciting.

This was the first of the obligatory photos. They really were having fun...it just doesn't look like it!

After our yummy breakfast, we opened gifts. Here is me and my favorite sister-in-law. She is a doll and I'm lucky to have a
SIL I enjoy so much!
Oggy wanted in on all the action...and loved having everyone over.

In a turn of great disappointment, Michael could not locate his
santa hat. He wore it ALL day last year, but had to settle for bed-head this year. :(

While we celebrated, the snow continued to fall!
Denny showed off his Vikings shirt!

And Nicholas modeled Michael's new cap!

Here's the whole crew!

The
annual Jell-o contest was next. This year, the contest had new tasting plates. It was a big deal!

Once the Jell-o fun ended, I started work on the Christmas Dinner. We had Michael's parents, Aunt and Uncle and cousin for dinner...and 21 lbs of turkey! We had the turkey, potato casserole, spinach salad, a zucchini pie thing, stuffing and carrots! It was a fun meal to prepare. I love to cook a big meal...no stress, budgets or politics! Just chop, sizzle and bake! Fun!
Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a GREAT Christmas. Fun!! Love you and miss you.
Post a Comment