Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nothing.

Well, my due date came and went completely uneventfully.

Because of the way the leave is structured at my company, Monday was my last day of work. So I spent all day at home yesterday. It's such a weird place to be! Not home, but this "in-between" sitting-around-waiting place.

It seems, I kid you not, that everyone I know that has had babies in the last few years has had them early...35 weeks...37...38...and it seems as though every time I log on to Facebook, someone else is having a baby that wasn't due until well after ours! Uff. I think hearing all of these stories, I was sort of convinced this baby would come just before it's due date. No dice.

All indications are that everything is progressing as it should. Baby seems fine, I'm measuring as I should. But pregnancy is a stressful, worrisome time. It seems like the sooner this baby comes out, the easier it will be to check on it and make sure it's OK. (Though I'm well aware that actually having a child starts a lifetime of worries!)

I think the thing causing the most anxiety is that I know when I have to return to work...and that date is already taunting me! It's pretty set and every day I spend without my baby is one I'm missing in the short period of time I have! So I'm doing my best to take a deep breath and not stress over the things I can't control.

But that? Way easier said than done.


4 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I hope all is well! For what it's worth, your baby counter in your side bar says "1 day to go" and so... maybe it knows something? :)

Steph

KK said...

Missing you and just wanted to check in! At least you're using your time well to keep your blog updated. :-) Now get outside and enjoy this beautiful weather!

Staci said...

Praying for you my dear. Love you lots and lots and am waiting for my phone to ring. I will try to call you again tomorrow sometime. It was so nice to talk with you the other day. Love you

Katie said...

Cross that date when you return off the calendar. You know when it is and do not need to look or think about it. Mat leaves are not for anxiety or worrying but I know the feeling! Just eat, sleep, organize, nest, drink tea, cook some meals and freeze them, or whatever you can to pass the time...I recommend walking around the block often. Soon you'll be a mommy! Mommy Sarah. I am so excited.