Our pastor has been doing a series on parts of the Christmas story we may not know a whole lot about. Last week he talked about the journey Mary and Joseph took from Nazareth to Bethlehem. When Mary days away from delivering her baby. A trip they took on foot (or donkey, perhaps, but really I can't imagine that to be much better than walking), through mountains and wilderness and desert, for several days. He showed video of that part of Israel. While anyone would feel bad for her, being so recently pregnant, I can't imagine. Then delivering among animals. Wow.
I imagine that Mary was as enamored with her baby as I am with mine...and to know he was the Son of God? Her mind must have been blown.
This passage, called "Mary's Prayer" from a Max Lucado book has always struck me as a powerful read. But this year, as I marvel at the "parts" on my baby...it has a whole new meaning.
What a special time of year.
1 comment:
Our pastor also did a few sermons about the journey to Bethlehem and talked in detail about Mary and Joseph. I liked thinking about both of them and the circumstances surrounding the entire birth of Jesus. Thanks for the great link to Mary's prayer.
Post a Comment