Sunday, March 6, 2011

Florida Fun (& Firsts!)

Last week brought a flurry of fun and firsts in Florida!

I had to go for work, and it was going to be a looong trip! So, I loaded up the baby girl and brought her along.

Here is the happy baby on her first flight!


I was a bit nervous about flying with her by myself, but I had the good fortune to run into my friend Cathy! She was more than happy to hold Anna...

...and eventually put her to sleep! She slept a good portion of the flight and when she was awake, she was delightful! I think she likes to fly :).


When we arrived in Florida, Anna's Grandma joined us!

She spent lots of time playing with Anna...

...taking her for walks....

...and going swimming (another first!)

Freeing me up for a week of work!
Anna got to see the ocean for the first time.


She seemed to love being outside.

It must have been something about the warm air...sunshine...and the need for a hat...


That made this girl reallllly happy! :)

Of course, I had to take several photos in her new bathing suit...

...bathing suit cover-up...

...and in her diaper during playtime.

Grandma couldn't get over how much this baby....

Had grown!

And now understands why we generally just refer to her as "fat baby"

Anna was even able to finally meet my long time (and now blogging)
friend and co-worker, Katie!
After several days of enjoying the warm of Florida....

It was time to pack up the outdoor girl...

and bring her home to her very lonesome dad.

She fell asleep in the cab on the way to the airport...

But she woke up in time to let me know what she thought of the new security procedures:

Soon enough we were through security and ready to head home!


Lots of fun firsts!


3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh sweet Anna! It was SUCH a blessing to finally meet you. Your mom and I have been hanging around each other for 20 years...or more. We've always had big dreams and you are fit perfectly into them and make them all come true! I love you and can't wait to visit again...tomorrow!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KK said...

Wow, what a big adventure! Way to make the most fun out of a business trip!