Hi All!
I've just talked to my mom and as of this morning, (3/27) they're in the process of evacuating their house.
As you may or may not know, they live across the street from the Red River (if you want to google map it it's 1714 South Third Street, Moorhead, MN 56560) and right now a sand-bagged dike is holding back the water.
They've known for a couple days that they'll need to evacuate, so they've worked to move carpet (yep, they just finished remodeling the basement!!), furniture, photos, records, etc out of the basement. I'm hoping and PRAYING that the inevitable water only reaches the basement.
They have a friend who owns an apartment complex with a couple of empty units, so they're going to stay there. They said they've had several offers of places to stay and are really thankful for people's generosity!
I will keep this posted when I have updates! Keep them, the water levels, their stress levels, etc in prayer! Thanks so much!
Oh, their local newspaper has good updates. It's http://www.in-forum.com/
Thanks!!
Much love,
Sarah
1 comment:
Hope the damage isn't too bad! Thinking of your 'rents.
Post a Comment