Well, it’s 2010. New beginning, new chance to set a start date for any number of initiatives. Instead of “resolutions” per se, I’ve thought of several things I’m going to make an effort to do in hopes they become habit.
1. Focus on neatness. I forget the peanut butter is on the counter the second I spread it on my toast. I take off my earrings and leave them by the kitchen sink. You get the idea. So I’m making a concerted effort to put things away in their place. While this probably seems like a no-brainer, I’m really forgetful about it…and though he’s much too kind to say it, I think it drives my very neat-organized-type-A husband nuts!! I think too, that it will save me time! No more wondering if the shoes that go with these jeans are in the closet, the basement, the car, my office, the garage, my workout bag or the laundry room!
2. Eat mindfully and for nourishment. I have an odd tendency to think to myself, “oh! Look! ____! I may never, ever get the chance to have ________’s that good again! So I better have two!” Um, turns out that yes, there will be other chances to have a cookie that good, croissant that flaky, etc. So I’m working to either 1) skip it or 2) just have a couple bites. A treat once in a while is fine, but I can justify about every consumption of something unhealthy with a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence!
3. This one is a bit simpler. On work nights, I’m deciding what I’m going to wear the next day and round it up! SO often I’m running late, then realize the shirt I want to wear needs to be ironed and I don’t know where the coordinating shoes are (see #1). Problem solved!
Here’s to an organized and deliberate 2010!
2 comments:
Oh you!! I have to laugh because every morning around here we are looking for keys. . not mine. . . Ryans!! Reminds me of someone else I used to live with say from 1996-2000!! I am glad I inspired you with my "things to work on" entry on my blog. Miss you lots and Blessings in 2010. Love ya
I REALLY need to work on these same things. And I have a lot more things left on my counter and closet floor that really need to be put in their place the first thing. Ahhh I always blame it on TIME.
Post a Comment