So...
I've been reflecting on how blessed I am to have this man as my father. My dad is the sweetest, kindest man you'll ever meet. He is honest, fair and loving and a wonderful, earthly example of our heavenly Father's love.
But, he's not all serious. The other day, while we were talking about the cold weather, Mom casually mentioned that several kids at the school he works at didn’t have coats/boots for the horribly cold weather. So he ran to Wal-Mart and bought some for them. That’s just how he rolls.
He also recognized that many of those same kids have an opportunity to escape the poverty of their refugee (yep, Haitian and Ugandan refugees in Fargo! Brr!) upbringing through their running abilities. So, a couple years ago, he started a track team at the school, picks the kids up for practice, buys them shoes when they don’t have any, and coaches them.
This is the caliber of the man who raised me. Am I blessed or what?
Happy Birthday, Dad.
I wish, more than anything, I could be there to celebrate you.
All my love,
Sarah
2 comments:
What an awesome tribute to an awesome Dad!! :)
Wow!! I just love your dad!!! I hope he had an awesome Birthday and I can't believe he is 60!! Happy Birthday Danny!! Love ya!
Post a Comment