I can't really say that I've had any pregnancy "cravings" so far. But my dad mentioned that his neighbor had a bunch of rhubarb in the yard....which stuck with me. So, I gently pressured him into getting some to bring with him to Kansas.
He did. And I was a happy girl.

I chopped and chopped and chopped.

And the rest of them, well, it was heaven.

Just look at them go! (Michael insisted we add in an apple pie, as he thinks rhubarb is weird).

The result was rhubarb deliciousness.

That was two days ago and there is not a spec left!
3 comments:
Rhubarb is weird??? It is summer staple of the prairie. I love it too. If and when I get to KC soon I'll bring you more rhubarb!
My rhubarb is growing like crazy, but I don't have a "working" kitchen to make pies right now. The pies look great. . . mine taste good, but never look nice!!
Cravings, well with Isaac I could only eat steak and potatoes (everything else didn't agree with me or him) With Olivia it was TCBY frozen yogurt with granola and carmel and Papa Johns Plain Breadsticks!! To this day Olivia LOVES ice cream!!
Yummmmm. My grandma in Ohio grew rhubarb and made great pies. RHUBARB pies, not wimpy rhubarb-strawberry which is the closest I can ever find around here.
Post a Comment