The kind people there got wind of this post and invited me to join 20 some other bloggers to learn about the company, the product and branding in general.
...but most importantly fun. This is, of course, helped by the thousands of plush animals all around. But in my opinion, is fueled by the real animals who accompanied their owners to work!
Anyway, we were able to see lots of great product. These soccer bears were created especially for the FIFA World Cup and, unfortunately, aren't available here. Boo. Who doesn't want a bear with bright green dreads??
The event wrapped up with a trip to a local shopping center....
For a Build-A-Bear Workshop Party! The store offers parties for kids and adults alike...turning this group of refined, dignified bloggers back into kids with the shake of a paw.
It was great learning from a brand-building and business perspective.
It was a heart-warming look at how companies and individuals are able to make a difference through their products.
And finally, as a mom-to-be, it was so comforting to be embraced by these women who were genuinely excited about the journey we're about to take with Baby K. They had so many kind words of encouragement and advice that I feel like I'm prepped to enter the end-all-be-all of clubs, Motherhood.
With my bear in hand, of course!
Note: I was a guest of Build-A-Bear Workshop. The company provided me with accommodations and travel costs, as well as gift cards and products while attending this event. The thoughts expressed in this post are my own.
4 comments:
It was so nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to following your blog and reading about Baby K when she arrives.
How awesome Sarah! We are going to have get off the prairie and to a Build A Bear location ourselves. The girls needs bears! I love the brand perspective you give combined with your mommy blogging.
Oh that looks so fun!! My kiddo's each have a couple Build A Bears, although we have never been to one ourselves to make them. They have all been gifts. Baby K will love her new animals!! fun! Miss you!!
I'm so glad you were able to go! :)
Steph
Post a Comment