Monday, October 18, 2010

How Time Flies!

Wow. Well, I've been living in the just-had-a-baby-and-the-rest-of-the-world-sort-of-ceased-to-exist reality for just about two weeks now. We've been at home for 11 days and I can't, for the life of me, figure out where they went! They're sort of a blur of sleeping and waking, visitors, television (lots of football :) and feeding, feeding, feeding.

Michael goes back to work tomorrow, which I think he is ready for. It's a little hard on him that most of time I'm the only one that can give the baby what she needs. He's really looking forward to her being a little older and more reactive.

I'm a little sad to have him go back because it means this phase of hunkering down in our home and focusing on nothing but settling into our family is over. But I'm really excited that my parents will be arriving very soon. I can't wait for them to meet their first grandbaby and I can't wait to just see them. I've been really lonesome for my family.

Anna is doing well. On a typical day, we all rise between 8:30 and 9am, which sounds good until you tally the total hours of sleep until the night before. Our mornings consist of getting her fed and us caffinated! Which I need to work around nursing, which is tricky! :)

We like to get out and walk and have found the sidewalks to be bumpier than we realized and the neighbors all drive much faster than is appropriate. :) She's now big enough for the front carrier which she seems to like!

She gets up about 3 times per night and the biggest challenge is getting her to eat enough. As far as newborns go, she seems to be a good one, usually going back to sleep when she's done eating.

Here she is on a very special quilt made just for her:

All snuggled up...
...and snoozing with her dad...

...while watching the Vikings!


2 comments:

Linda said...

I am quite impressed at the color coordination of outfit and quilt!

Staci said...

Precious!! Oh I can't believe that in another day or so she will be 2 weeks old. She is adorable. Isn't it funny all the things you notice aka the neighbors driving too fast and the bumps while walking? Now you have entered into the "protection" mode and it NEVER goes away. I am always concerned about things like that and it doesn't get any better as they get older. Oh I wish I could kiss that baby girl. Kiss her for me.