Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Can Barely Say "One Week Old" Without Dissolving in Tears

Wow.
One week into motherhood and I have never been happier.

It's hard to believe all that has transpired in the last week.


As I sat nursing my sweet baby this morning, I couldn't fathom that at that time last week, she was coming into the world!

The week has been a dream. I've loved babies as long as I can remember.
Now, I have one.
The wonder and the joy of this leaves me in a (half hormonal) pile of tears!
I am terrified I will forget these first few days.


She is already growing and changing and it breaks my heart and it swells my heart.

I am doing all I can to revel in her tiny newness...


take photos...

...and absorb these, the sweetest days I can ever imagine living.

All of the songs and cliches make such sense now.....and my heart is truely no longer just mine.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Oh Sarah she is a sweetie!! I can't wait til I can meet her and kiss her up!! Thanks for posting more pictures!!! She is a sweetheart!! Love you guys!

Linda said...

Beautiful. The pictures, the words, the feelings that are too intense to even find appropriate words for.... just beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

P.S. How's Oggy doing?